Harmony with Heart
Voices of Gotham's Harmony with Heart Program brings free or subsidized barbershop harmony performances to traditionally underserved and/or marginalized communities, including senior assisted-living homes and community centers, transitional housing, and children's hospital wards. VoG has brought barbershop performances to groups all over New York City including:
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
- Celebrate Diversity, Celebrate You Festival
- Covenant House
- Hamilton Senior Center
- New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Komansky Center for Children's Health
- Woodstock Senior Center
- City of New York, Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
- City of New York, Department of Citywide Administrative Services
VoG's 2013 Harmony with Heart performance for Hamilton Senior Center was submitted as part of Hamilton's winning proposal for its 2014 designation by the New York City Department for the Aging as an Innovative Senior Center.
VoG Harmony with Heart program is a multi-year awardee of the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council - Manhattan Community Arts Fund (2013, 2014). VoG's Harmony with Heart performances during those fiscal years were made possible, in part, with public funds from the Manhattan Community Arts Fund, supported by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and administered by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council.
To book a Harmony with Heart performance for your community or group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org