Support the Chorus
Give in the seventh
Voices of Gotham has come a very long way since its founding in January 2008. What was once a group of twelve guys who "just wanted to sing together" is now an internationally ranked 85-man chorus. This growth would not have been possible without the incredible generosity of donors past and present — it is people like you who help us continue to Live in the Seventh.
A donation to Voices of Gotham helps make it possible for us to spread this message of “Live in the Seventh” in one of the most vibrant — and expensive — cities in the world. In an effort to give back to those who give us so much, we have developed the "Give in the Seventh" initiative, a membership-based philanthropic program that strengthens the relationship between Voices of Gotham and its supporters.
Being a member of Give in the Seventh means you will have access to exclusive offers from Voices of Gotham. Furthermore, you will make it possible for an internationally impactful community of singers to preserve the gift of barbershop harmony for years to come. To Give in the Seventh is to give the gift of opportunity — the opportunity to grow the incredible art of barbershop music in the great city of New York.
Give in the Seventh helps Voices of Gotham and its chorus members to:
- Provide opportunity and community:
- Work with luminary coaches and visionaries of the a cappella world for individual growth and improvement
- Assist those with financial hardships with the cost of attendance to conventions that gain exposure for barbershop and make lasting friendships and partnerships
- Create social opportunities for members to network and find support for the mundane and more difficult trials of living NYC (finding an apartment! or a job!)
- Promote barbershop harmony and singing within NYC:
- Community outreach, including our Harmony with Heart program
- Annual shows, performances, galas, and events
- School programs, workshops, and conventions
- Advance the barbershop art form:
- Develop new and innovative materials and approaches to barbershop harmony
- Commission new arrangements each year from leading arrangers of the contemporary barbershop and a cappella movement
- Support the VoG Arrangers' Lab, a collective of practiced and aspiring arrangers who meet regularly to discuss current projects
- Build partnerships with other a cappella ensembles, including our sisters-in-song Sirens of Gotham (of Sweet Adelines International)
We cannot succeed without your generosity. Donate with confidence: we are both a 501(c)(3), and a registered New York State charity.
Thank you to our donors!
Voices of Gotham thanks all of the donors listed below for their generous support (as of November 3, 2016). Donors are listed based on dollars pledged or donated for the current calendar year.
Give in the Seventh: Fermata Club ($2,124 and above)
Give in the Seventh: Locked Fifth ($924 - $2,123)
Give in the Seventh: High Third ($204 - $923)
Ron Cinnella, Jean Garrett, Robert Hillinck, Dylan Lupo, Patrick Lupo, Tom & Nan McQueeney, Robert Weber
Give in the Seventh: Fundamental ($84 - $203)
Nanakwadwo Ashong, Niiamah Ashong, Jon Fosdick, Howie Lien, Brian Lindvall, Jeff and Diane Lindvall, Braden Lynk, John Maderazo, Tony Milillo, Kofi Mills, Preston Neal, Chip Prince, Cheryl Ross, Bill Stauffer, Robert & MaryLou Suckling, Tom Tyson, Jeremy Weissmann, Evelyn Wurtz
William Downey, Diana Lee, Richard Rothbloom, Stephan Schwartz
Government and Foundation Supporters
Barbershop Harmony Society – Harmony Foundation International Innovation Fund, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council – Creative Engagement Fund, Mid-Atlantic District of the BHS, Professional Construction Group of New York